Why our Pub is great
History surrounds the Bell as does some of the most beautiful Shropshire countryside. It was built in 1811 on the site of the medieval turnpike buttercross, now marked by an 18th century obelisk.
Today, our large pub boasts a warm, friendly atmosphere, and offers delightful alcoves, perfect for a cosy, romantic meal for two. The conservatory makes a fantastic setting for a relaxed family drink and can also be dressed for a more formal gathering. The huge orchard style beer garden features a play area for youngsters, and a fantastic Garden Grill to allow fresh food to be cooked to order when the sun is shining.
It’s the perfect place to bring family or friends, and with all main meals on Two for One it’s extremely affordable. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics. There’s a bulging specials board each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus